We enjoyed this article sent from communications publisher Ragan (originally from The Bad Pitch Blog). It’s a must read for anyone working with the media who wants a good laugh this Friday morning. It certainly caused a few chuckles here in Bvisible especially considering how serious we can all sometimes take ourselves- PR pros, media and bloggers. Some of the main points to remember:
- Jazz up with your email pitch with CAPs, EXCLAMATION MARKS AND COLOUR !!!
- Jargon is your friend- use it as much as you can
- Perisitence is key- to reach a journalist with your pitch, email and email more followed by lots of phone calls and lengthy voicemails
- Mass email, forget BCC and offer exclusives
- Pitch at 5pm Friday on a bank holiday weekend
- Compose Stock comments for bloggers to keep them onside
and lots more……………